Thursday, September 10, 2020

Warhammer 40K: Starting a new Army for the new edition - Space Wolves

With the new 9th edition for Warhammer 40K, I decided it was time that I started a new army.  I know that I have been working on resurrecting an old 6th/7th edition version of Raven Guard into the modern version of the game, and at the same time I have also been building up my Death Guard army into a competitive army, but something was still missing.

As I kept working on the Raven Guard, I just could not see myself playing them on a regular basis.  Let alone even contemplating them as an army I would ever take to a tournament/event.  So I decided to do some research, and after reading more and more about the Space Wolves, I knew then, that they would be my next main army.

For Warhammer 40K, I wanted several armies on different sides of the playing field, so to say.  For the Imperium/Space Marines, that army will be Space Wolves.  For Chaos, I have my Death Guard, and I so enjoy painting and playing with that army.  Now for Xenos, I have not made up my mind yet.  I do have something like 8000 plus points of Orks in storage, but I do not see myself resurrecting that army.  As I started that army a long time ago, and have models from 2nd Edition on.  But when I make up my mind on a Xenos army, expect an article about that in the future,  For now, Its Death Guard and Space Wolves.

A while back, when I posted about receiving my AdeptiCon T-Shirt in the mail, in that same post, I have mentioned that AdeptiCon and Games Workshop would be sending out merchandise/Promos from what was supposed to be the Warhammer Preview event there at AdeptiCon.  Since I was one of the lucky ones that had tickets for that preview, they sent out the Merchandise/Promos to everyone that was signed up for the event.  Anyway, to make a long story short, below is what I received in that package.
  • Model Box
    • Included - 1 Space Marine Assault Intercessor and 1 Necron Warrior.
  • 2 Books
    • 40K - Psychic Awakening - The Collected Fiction
    • AOS - Malign Portents - The Collected Fiction
  • Some Beastgrave Cards
  • A Warhammer tote bag
I still have assembled the Necron Warrior, but have not painted him as of yet.  But I did assemble and paint the Space Marine Assault Intercessor.  And as I was getting motivated and psyched to start my Space Wolves army, I decided to use that model to do a paint test for the armies paint scheme.

Here is the completed model:


I really do like how he turned out, and the picture does not look as good as what the model looks like in person.  My camera still sucks, and one day I will get a replacement for a nice DSLR or better camera for my hobby.  And BTW, it would make a great X-Mas or Birthday present if anyone wants to get me one.

In case you wanted to see, here is the built Necron Warrior:


As I said earlier, I do not plan on painting this model, maybe one day.  Who knows, maybe Necrons will be my Xenos army.  Although Tau and Tyranids are looking better then they are.

Until next time, stay safe in these crazy times, wear your mask, and be careful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment