Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Warhammer 40K: Getting Started on Updating Raven Guard for AdeptiCon 2020


I was just on planning on playing the Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game at AdeptiCon this year, but my friends Dean and Dragi were signed up for the Warhammer 40K Team Tournament (4-Players per team) event, and 2 of their team dropped out.  So they asked if my Son and I would join them and play.  So, it looks like I will be playing both MESBG and 40K at AdeptiCon.  But holy crap, I have no army ready, at least not an updated to the latest edition army that is.  So my Son will be playing my friend Dragi's Salamanders, and I will be playing my Raven Guard.


To get the ball rolling with updating my Raven Guard to the latest edition, I needed to start adding Primaris, as currently, I have none.  I figured the best way to get a start would be to get the starter set "Dark Imperium".  This box comes with a good start to what I would need for my Raven guard, and as a bonus, I get a good start on a Death Guard army as well.

The box set includes the following:
  • Primaris Space Marines
    • 1 Primaris Captain in Gravis Armour
    • 2 Primaris Lieutenants - 1 w/Power Sword and 1 w/Auto Bolt Rifle
    • 1 Ancient
    • 2 - 5 Man Squads of Intercessors
    • 1 - 3 Man Squad of Inceptors
    • 1 - 5 Man Squad of Hellblasters
  • Death Guard
    • 1 Lord of Contagion
    • 1 Noxious Blightbringer
    • 1 Malignant Plaguecaster
    • 7 Plague Marines - Including a Plague Champion
    • 1 Foetid Bloat-Drone
    • 20 Poxwalkers
I have to say, I am impressed with the new models and casts that came in this box.  So looking forward to getting these painted up.  Another thing I will be needing to do it rebase most of my Raven Guards as they are now required to be on larger bases.

I will have an army ready for battle before AdeptiCon, now I just need to practice and have fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment