Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Star Wars Legion: General Grievous and Second B1 Battle Droids Unit

Continuing on with the Star Wars Legion builds, I finished off General Grievous and the second unit of my B1 Battle Droids.  Getting closer to my tournament-ready list of Separatist Alliance.

Grievous was fun to build, he comes with so many options.  You can build him in so many ways, as he comes with 4 arms.  I opted to go with just two arms, one holding his gun, and the other wielding a lightsaber.  You could do up to four arms, 1 gun, 3 lightsabers, or just 4 lightsabers. I the future I may purchase more models of him to do a 4 arm lightsaber version, but that may be a while as the only way you can purchase General Grievous is in the Clone Wars starter set. I may be able to find him on E-Bay, or someplace similar but we will see.

Below is my complete General Grievous:


And here is his stat card:


Here is the blurb about him from the Fantasy Flight Site:
Even when he isn’t in the thick of battle, General Grievous is a ruthless tactician whose army is his deadliest weapon. With the massive numbers of battle droids under his command, General Grievous is unafraid to use Aggressive Tactics to accomplish his objectives. When he does, he grants surge tokens to up to four units in addition to their faceup order tokens, better preparing them for the challenges of the battle ahead.

One of the primary advantages of a droid army is that its soldiers can easily be replaced. General Grievous takes advantage of this fact to the fullest, using his position as Supreme Commander of the Separatist army to have his army’s more expendable units absorb the fire directed at more valauble troops, including himself. At the same time, Grievous takes this opportunity to become even more versatile and ready himself to both defend or attack with even more surge tokens. 
Finally, General Grievous doesn’t simply want to achieve his army’s goals; he wants to completely annihilate his enemies on the field. As such, he won’t hesitate to order his troops to crush his opponents,  even when his army already holds an advantage.
He will make a great asset to my Separatist Alliance army and should be a blast to play on the tabletop.  Eventually, I will be adding Count Dooku to the army, and expanding into different units, etc.

Here is a pic of everything I currently have painted up for the Separatist Alliance, I still have 1 B1 Battle Droids Squad to build and paint.


Next up for Star Wars Legion, I will be working on the Rebel Alliance, as I have already painted up Luke Skywalker, but still have 3 units of Rebel Troopers to paint up, as well as T-47 Airspeeder, and an AT-RT.  For the AT-RT I am not sure what armaments I am placing on it, still not sure which way to go with it.

Until next, time, happy gaming, and try to stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. Is General Grievous a biological being, or a robot? Being robots, do any of them have any sort of ability that lets them scavenge parts off of their fellow soldiers who have been shot down to 'heal' themselves partially?

    ReplyDelete