Thursday, September 24, 2020

Star War Legion: B1 Battle Droids (Separatist Alliance)

It has been a while since I have worked on anything Star Wars related, so I decided today to break out one of the B1 Battle Droid units from the Second Star Wars Legion starter box.  It is high time I get the Separatist Alliance completed, as of so far, all I have completed is the Droidekas unit for this army from that box set.  You can see that post here.

One thing that I did learn from building these guys is patience and some new cuss words that I have not spoken out loud in a long while, lol.  I now feel the pain of building these guys, as I have seen from so many other posts of players building these units.  But once I go the hand of how fiddly these were, once I got four or so done, the rest of them went a little more smoothly.

Here is a picture of the finished unit:


At first, I was not sure of the color scheme, but in person and on the tabletop, they look very cool.  I know, hard to tell from my crappy picture.

Here is a look at their game card:


These guys will be fun to play on the tabletop, in small groups not that much to look at, but in large numbers, they can overwhelm the battlefield, and give havoc to the enemy with their sheer numbers.

I have one more unit to paint up of them, and then both squads from the starter box will be complete.  That will just leave General Grievous for the Separatist Alliance to complete.  With him, I plan on doing a small conversion, as I want to try to build him with all four lightsabers and his cloak.  I think he will look cool.  I may pick up another two models of him, just to build him in all his configurations, as I do not think that using magnets would work for this model.

Let me know what armies you are playing in Legion, or if you have suggestions on which units to get next for the Separatist Alliance.

Until next time, try to have fun and stay safe out there.

1 comment:

  1. Since these B1 Battle Droids are robots, when attacking them do any of the table top miniatures games have an ability or weapon that would cause disruption to the robots -- an energy-type weapon that would short-out their batteries or on-board computers/control units?

    ReplyDelete