Monday, December 16, 2019

Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game - Battle of Pelennor Fields Box Set

Wanting to get more into this game, I decided instead of just buying the main rule book, I would just go ahead and buy the "Battle of Pelennor Fields".  This is such a great value for the amount of money you have to spend.

Another good bonus about this box set is that my son has always expressed an interest in playing a full Mordor army, and what comes in this box will give him a great start toward that.    Also, almost all my models are on the Evil side of the armies with Moria and Angmar, so I wanted to start a few armies on the Good side of the game.  This single starter box will give me a start to two armies of the good, Rohan of course and The Dead of Dunharrow.

 

There is a lot of plastic in this box set.  So looking forward to building it all and getting it painted up and on the tabletop for gaming.  I know I still have a lot of unpainted models for Moria and Angmar, but hey, who doesn't, lol.  But that is the plight of all gamers I know, and probably will not change anytime in the near future, lol 😛.

Below is a list of all the contents that came in the box (such a great bargain):

  • Main Contents
    • The complete, 208-page hardback Middle-Earth SBG Rules Manual.
    • A 16-page Scenarios and Profiles Booklet.
    • 12 Six-Sided Dice (6 Green and 6 Red).
    • Rohan Range Ruler and Mordor Range Ruler.
  • Forces of Good
    • Theoden, King of Rohan (On Foot and Mounted Versions)
    • 12 Riders of Rohan
    • 12 Warriors of Rohan
    • 20 Warriors of the Dead
  • Forces of Evil
    • The Witch-King of Angmar on Fell Beast
      • I wish they would have given an on-foot version as well, little disappointed on this one, but still a nice model.
    • 36 Morannon Orcs
    • 1 Mordor Troll
I forgot to take a picture of everything together, so I snagged/borrowed the one off the GW website, you can click on this link (Battle of Pelennor Fields Box Set) to go see the official site for this box set.


I'll make posts of these as I get painted and compete.

Catch you next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment