Saturday, March 28, 2020

Warhammer 40K: Starting a new Death Guard army - Staying safe at home during the COVID-19 crisis


Since I am at home for a while with this COVID-19 Crisis going on, I have been trying to get caught up on some of my hobby painting.  I have also decided to start a new 40K army, and as you can tell from the logo above, that army will be Death Guard.  Since I already have a good start on the army, from buying the Dark Imperium starter, I got a good start on it.  If you remember from an earlier post, I purchased that starter box to get my Raven Guard updated for 8th Edition by getting in some Primaris added into the army.

From that box, I have the following for the Death Guard Army:

  • 1 Lord of Contagion
  • 1 Noxious Blightbringer
  • 1 Malignant Plaguecaster
  • 7 Plague Marines - Including a Plague Champion
  • 1 Foetid Bloat-Drone
  • 20 Poxwalkers

That's not a bad start.

Since that purchase, I have also purchased the following:



  • Death Guard Codex
  • Plagueburst Crawler
  • x2 Myphitic Blight-Hauler (3rd on order but delayed)
I'll be adding a 2nd Plagueburst Crawler soon, but beyond that, I have not made and specific choices as to what to add to the army.

I currently have everything built and now primed with Death Guard Green, and I already started painting the Myphitic Blight-Haulers.

Here is an image of everything together and primed, and as you can see one of the Myphitic Blight-Haulers is about 1/3rd of the way done.


Some of the models I left in a few pieces, as it will be easier for me to paint with them separate like that.

Over the next several weeks we will see how far I get on these.


#shelterinhobby

No comments:

Post a Comment