Friday, July 3, 2020

Warhammer 40K: Death Guard - Poxwalkers

Next up on the painting table is my Death Guard Poxwalkers.  They were really fun to paint, there is a huge variety of sculpts with these models.  The ones I am painting now, are the 20 that came in the Dark Imperium starter box.  There is 10 unique sculpts with this set that comes from that starter box.  The ones that come in the Easy To Build: Death Guard Poxwalkers set, are another 6 more unique sculpts, I look forward to adding those to my collection soon.  This makes 16 unique sculpts for this horde unit, I don't know about any of you, but this makes me happy.  Not many units in this game get that many unique sculpts, and make them look awesome on the tabletop.

Depending on how the new 9th edition to the game goes, I may eventually be fielding 2-3 full 20 man units of these.  But we will see what the future brings.

Here is the description from the GW website:
Shambling across the battlefield in reeking hordes, Poxwalkers engulf their enemies in rotting tides of grasping hands, gnashing teeth and squirming tentacles. They are the cursed victims of Nurgle’s plagues, transformed into unliving weapons by the cruel masters of the Death Guard. ... Each is uniquely unpleasant, armed with hastily improvised close combat weapons – blunt objects feature heavily, with hammers, chains, planks of wood and metal pipes with nails in represented. The Poxwalkers themselves are ghastly, their pallid faces twisted into sneering grimaces, mutations, boils and gashes covering their spindly limbs.
Below is the current datasheet:


Here is the first 10 of my Poxwalkers complete.  Painting the next 10 should be just as fun, and I look forward to adding the other sculpts soon.  The next 10, I do plan on painting different than these, that way, even if they are the same sculpt on the tabletop, they will each be unique in their own colors, etc.



I am not sure what will be next on the painting table, that list is, unfortunately, huge at the moment, and growing with each new purchase, lol.  And with 9th Edition of 40K coming out, and all the new cool stuff being released, I feel my list will be growing a lot over the next several months.

Until next time, have fun and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment