Sunday, June 9, 2019

Painting my Guild Ball Farmers

I decided to go ahead and start painting my Farmers Guild.  I'm going to stick to painting one box at a time, and decided to start with the The Honest Land box.

I really like the way the models look, and prep was not that bad, hardly any flashing or mold lines, etc.  I decided to try a new technique for priming that my friend Dean suggested (You can see his blog here: The Old West Chronicle).  It the Zenithal (SP?) Priming Technique, where I primed Black, then sprayed down from the top with white.  I only used two colors, where I have seen online where people sometimes use three colors.

Since I don't paint that often, which is a crime in itself, I know.  I decided not to jump in a mass paint them like I usually do, but rather to start small and just do two models.  This way I could test out the new technique above, and test my paint scheme to see how I like it, and to get myself warmed back up with the brushes.

The models I decided to try is the Ball Marker model and Harrow.


I don't know if the new priming technique really helped me that much, but it did bring out details that made it easier to paint the models.  I will go ahead and try that technique again on the rest of the models for this box set, and see how it goes.  The next post about the farmers will show the completed paint jobs for the rest of this box set.  Once those are done, including the terrain pieces that came in this box, I will then start on the second box, and also include Veteran Honour from the Exiles as well.

Below is Harrow's game card/stats.  I think Harrow will see some playing time with me, he has some interesting stats, and I like his Character Plays and Traits.


Until next time, play more games and try to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment