Saturday, September 21, 2019

Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game - I got Balrog, unboxing and overview


This is one of my most favorite games to play, and sadly, I don't get to play it that much.  But last month was my Birthday, and one of my presents was this awesome model from Games Workshop for the Moddle-Earth Strategy Battle Game.

Description from their site:
The Balrog is a mighty creature of great age and power. Awoken by eager Dwarven miners, the Balrog brought destruction to their kingdoms, overwhelming Durin and his doughty warriors in a series of terrible battles. Of all the evil powers in the world, the Balrog is amongst the most terrible and as one of the largest models we sell, is the perfect centre piece for an evil army. 
This box set contains one multipart plastic Balrog and includes options for a flaming sword or whip. Model supplied with a 60mm scenic base.
Here are a couple pictures of the box that the model game in:


And here is what the model looks like on the sprues.  I forgot to take pictures of the sprues before I dove in and built the model (sigh - was too excited I guess, lol), so these images are from the Games Workshop page for purchasing the model (Here is the link):

 So, here is what it looks like after I built it:


 My lighting still sucks for taking pictures, hopefully, one day I will be able to buy or build a lightbox for taking better pictures.

Here is a picture of his stats in the game:

He costs 350 Points to add to your army.

I am so looking forward to painting this model.  I know one place for sure it will see tabletop action and that is at Adepticon next year.

Until next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment