Sunday, April 5, 2020

Warhammer 40K: Death Guard - Myphitic Blight-Hauler

Myphitic Blight-Hauler

Currently, I am still waiting for some of my models to be delivered, including another Myphitic Blight-Hauler.  But I wanted to get one of these guys painted up for I could test out the paint scheme I will be using for the entire army.

The model itself is pretty easy to put together, it is one of the "Easy to Build" models that Games Workshop has released for Death Guard.  Its currently not available to purchase any other way, as this is the only kit available for the Myphitic Blight-Haulers.

I will be running 3 of these guys in most of my lists, as I feel that they are a good utility choice.  They are fast at 1-" Move, and because they are tracked (3 tracks), they do not suffer the penalty for shooting heavy weapons when moving.

Here is the description for them from the Games Workshop website:
Powering into battle on a trio of articulated track units, the Myphitic Blight-hauler is a light Daemon Engine that provides the Death Guard with heavy firepower wherever it is needed. Resembling a Bloat-drone that has been stripped of its turbines, this strange machine has heavy weapons mounted on its carapace, and its rusting armoured plates can absorb impressive punishment – as can its blubbery exposed flesh-parts, which soak up appalling trauma. 
The Myphitic Blight-hauler is an unpleasant combination of machine and putrid rotting meat. From the front, it resembles some grotesque armoured vehicle, with a curved carapace featuring the symbol of Nurgle and 2 large, covered tracks. Where this differs from an ordinary attack vehicle, however, is the toothed maw at the bottom. From the rear, the horror continues – a third track is visible, along with a mass of flabby flesh, bound into the machine with straps and metal. The Myphitic Blight-hauler is armed with a multi-melta and missile launcher, which are mounted either side of the carapace.
Below is the Myphitic Blight-hauler Datasheet:


I really enjoyed painting up the first one, and I am currently starting the second.  Below are some pictures of the finished model.  Let me know what you think, I know he is darker than most people's tastes, but this is the scheme I am going for.


Let me know what you think in the comments below.  Looking forward to getting the rest of the army painted, and yes I know, I am slower then heck when it comes to getting my stuff done, but I will get there.  The ultimate goal with this army is to play with them at Nova this year (2020) as long as it is not canceled.

Until next time, stay safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment