Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016 - New Beginnings

My wishes and thoughts for the New Year.

I want to start the new year off by jotting down my ideas of what I see myself accomplishing in 2016.  I have never really done a post like this before but thought it would be fun.  I have seen others do similar posts, and I look forward to comparing this post to my year-end wrap up in December.
First, let's go over each game that I currently play, then I'll wrap it up with my thoughts on what I see myself starting new this year.  So let's begin.......

In reverse ABC order just to be different:

X-Wing
I really like this game, but I have not gotten into it as much as I would have liked last year.  I think I played less than 10 games all year.  My goal for this year is to expand my models and get in more games this year. I would like to shoot for at least 2-3 games per month.

Warmachine/Hordes
I played a lot of these games last year, and see myself continuing this trend for 2016.  Currently, I'm playing Menoth and my son is playing Cryx.  We both want to start new armies this year so we decided to both try Hordes armies this year.  So look for a post in the coming months for what we decide.

Warhammer 40K
Honestly, I can't see myself playing much if any of this game this year.  Last year I played 1 game.  And to be honest I think things have gotten out of hand with expansion, versions and the biggie, pricing.

LoTR/Hobbit
I did get in a lot of games this past year, and really like how the game plays.  I don't see the game expanding in the future since the movie series has ended but you never know.  I still see lots of games being played this year.

Dungeons & Dragons - 5th Edition
With the new edition of D&D, it was rather fun to get back into role-playing.  I ran a campaign based on the Starter box and had a group of 5 players.  I would like to start and run another campaign this year and get into some of the expansions.

Bolt Action
A friend of mine introduced this game to me last year, and to be honest, I was looking at it for a while, and glad he did.  I'm currently starting a Great Britain army, and my son will be starting a Russian army.  Also this year I plan on starting a Germany army and my son has shown interest in doing a Japan army.

New this year
Besides the new armies that I want to start, I want to get back into playing more board games and even card games.  I miss the days when a group of us would sit around a table and play Uno, Skip-Bo,  etc.  I also want to get back into playing games like Talisman, Pandemic,  Killer Bunnies and Munchkins.  There are lots of other games as well, and I will be making posts about any that I do play.

I'll end this post by just saying ....... have a great new year, and try to have fun and as always PLAY MORE GAMES!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment